Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What Brings Me Real Joy....

FOOD!!! Gotta friggin' love it... Since I was little, my mom would always tell me of this meal she learned how to make while she worked in Venezuela...You basically chop up ham (in this case its turkey ham...cause i just really like it...*shrug*) into tiny tiny lil cubes...and just fry it a bit...then you take 2 or 3 eggs, scramble it up and pour it on to cook for a few minutes more...and booya! There you have it...And yes...i DO make this really really well...Watch...the girl who gets stuck marrying me is gonna get Faaaat off of this. LMFAO jk


Photobucket

This is soooooooooooo good for breakfast...I eat it when 2 slices of whole wheat bread....OOoOor it can even be a decent lunch...with some totones.




Now, you know I GOTTA share what was the highlight (or rather, the only good part) of my weekend...Lasagna! For years, my mom would tell me about all the things she used to make when she was living in Venezuela...pretty much gloating about how well she knows how to cook...And just for the sake of arguing and trying to get under her skin, I'd constantly say "well...prove it then..." lol Lasagna was one of the things I'd always get at her about. And on Sunday, she FINALLY decided to prove me wrong. I bought all the necessary ingredients...and we pretty much got together to make it. :-) Fun times...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Lol, I know it probably doesn't look like much...She didn't add any cheese in between the layers (i said she didnt really need to...) ALSO...we kinda miscalculated with the meat soo obviously it wasnt really enough....But DAMN it was so good! I'm definitely gonna make this again before the year is over...


Yeah...This lil "experiment" of ours turned out to be pretty good...I'm going to master making this on my own...then I'm going to move on to something else...I'll probably try making this meat loaf she made a long ass time ago...also, cause I said she couldn't do it...hahaha


Peace!