Monday, August 3, 2009

First Great Summer Day!

Welp, it was bound to happen. The law of averages say I had to have AT LEAST one really great day this summer; and friday was definitely one of them! Earlier in the week, my coworker, H emailed us about heading out to the Acquarium after work. I hadnt been there in yeeears, so this sparked my curiosity. We left around 2pm (Summer hours, ya know...) and headed out towards Coney Island. I think we got there a little bit after 3, which was perfect, since after 3pm you can pretty much pay whatever you want for a ticket...It was funny, because the minute we got there, my coworker, J, n I starting peeping a bunch of females...I took it a step further and started taking a few pics of people who were PERFECT candidates for my "Damn That's Nasty" collection (part2 coming soon..just thought Id let you know...lol). In any case, it was a fun trip. I took a lot of great shots of what we saw....Check out a few!




Me, H, and J



lol Im a geek.........sometimes...*cool guy pose* Doesnt it look like the shark's trying to sniff me?























Those last 3 were my absolute fav...



At this point, we started heading out...we also noticed it started getting really cloudy and it started to drizzle some...Buuut we were also hungry. So, thats when my coworker, J, suggested we check out one of the best pizza places in NY, called Grimaldi's Pizza. On our way out, I couldnt help but take more shots of random, interesting stuff..lol














If it hadnt started to rain, we probably would've gotten on this....ah well...maybe next time!



This was soo cool...my coworker was teeeeeeeeerrified!



Sooooo, while we were on our way to Grimaldi's, it started POURING...It was insane...I was glad that I had taken my umbrella in my bookbag, cause DAMN...the wind was blowing the water right into our faces...but we considered this a lil bit of lucky, since that woud mean that there wouldnt be that many people waiting on line to get into the pizza place....(I say this, because this place is REALLY f'in popular...there was some lady who visits different restaurants and critiques them. She gave them a great revue, and there are people who visit from all over the country just to go to this friggin place...just 2minutes after getting there, I already knew some people who were standing there, werent from NY..) But, we were wrong! lol, there were already a few people standing outside the door waiting, in this POURING RAIN! Fortunately for us, they let us go ahead of them since they were waiting for someone....They took our order and we just sat there relaxing (even though there was some super gay ass music playing lol) and waiting for our pizza to arrive...which seemed like an eternity, since we were so hungry. It did come faster than I expected, though. And it was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!







There's really nothing bad I can say about the food. It was just friggin great....even this thing called "Antipasto"...some toasted bread, with salami, and mozzarella and roasted peppers, i think it was. Friggin GREAT! It was funny how at the end of it, H immediatedly snatched up the check and started "calculating" what everyone had to pay on her phone. J and I have this "theory" that maybe...juuust maybe...she wanted to make us pay more than her. But I have yet to prove it! (i kid i kid...) The one thing, that irked us all, was when it came time to pay for the food and leave, this grumpy old guy came up to our table and was really hovering over us, trying to rush out of there. I understand that there were a lot of people waiting, and they needed to free up the tables, but there's no reason for dude to be THAT pushy, and that rude with us. O_o When we stepped outside, it was STILL friggin pouring...and there was a HUGE line going back, up until the corner....Talk about popular....lol


I thought that we'd be calling it a day at this point...buuuUUuut H started talking about watching a movie or something...so thats when our other coworker E (just so yall know, there were 4 of us total lol), decided to invite us to her crib. First, we made a stop at Whole Foods, where they stocked up on strawberries...cherries....chocolate brownies...and wine (ooh-la-la, right?). We all got ourselve's pretty comfortable and started watching this french film called "Amelie". I think it came out in 2001. At first, I kind of looked at it like O_o....but after a few minutes, I really got into it..and it turned out to be a pretty good movie.





When the movie ended and we were all getting ready to leave, J and I noticed that our coworker's neighbor (some blankita) was standing by her window in her undies.....lol much to the dislike of our dear coworker, who so graciously invited her to her home (something i dont think she's eeEeEever done with anyone in this place)...I couldnt help, but take a picture of that chick's heiny...lol Sorry.

I must say though....that seemed like the "perfect end to a perfect day". lol


Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading this and the pictures are amazing!!!
Now I really want to visit there lol



-Julie ;)

Jana said...

I could totally go for some pizza, and some New York right now. I love the pics of the jelly fishies...you be my eyes on that coast, I'll be yours on this coast!