Monday, November 10, 2008

"You're my consolation"??? wtf?

I'm listening to this song called "If This World Were Mine" (by Luther Vandross & Chery Lynn and at one point the girl said "You are my consolation" and it struck me as funny 'cause, to me, it seemed like she meant it as "consolation prize" or something...you know how when you fail or lose at something and they give you something just so you dont cry and bitch about losing? lmao so now im thinking, why would you call someone you supposedly love that? its almost like saying "i failed at life, but i have so you so its not so bad..." o_O wtf?







IDK...maybe I'm just misinterpreting it...

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I think she said constellation , which basically means ( in the terms they were speaking) an arrangement of stars or planets?

Like- The big Dipper, little dipper, Orion's belt....astronomical type shit.

Eddie said...

lol see now that would make a lot more sense...imma have to listen to the song again lol

PORCHE ` said...

if she DID say that, wow. but i think she said 'constellation' too lol.

(agreeing with morgan above)